Several games newly supported in this update!
- Game fixes. Provided by Viktor! This involves changes that resolves the remaining freezing issues seen in Phoenix 3. These fixes also make the following games fully playable:
– Space Hulk
– Games published by “American Laser Games” (Drug Wars, Mad Dog McCree, Crime Patrol, Space Pirates, etc.)
- Spanish translations added. Contributed by Antonio “Bloodbat” Ramirez!
- Ability to specify game file/drive via command . Similarly, users may also request fullscreen on startup. See details below.
- Graphical transparency fix. Resolves certain overly-transparent features in Immercenary. Possibly other games, but I could not find others exhibiting the issue.
- This version also includes some corrections and improvements to the French and Chinese (simplified) translations.
Those looking to load games from the command line may now do so with the new command line options available:
= 4DO (18.104.22.168) command line options usage =
= Basic usage: 4DO.exe [-option value][/option "value"][--switch] =
-StartLoadFile [filename] : Loads a game from file.
-StartLoadDrive [letter] : Loads from CD of the drive letter.
--StartFullScreen : Start Full Screen.
If you want to try 4DO 22.214.171.124 beta, head to to the download page:
Twisted И Space Hulk КРУТО!!!! СПАСИБО!!
Now If someone can figure out mouse support for the American Laser Games titles… These games are terrible with gamepads!
I found a bug in 126.96.36.199 in which users cannot play BIOS files alone. They have to play a game. I expected the program to crash (with a null reference exception) but ultimately this just gets logged to the log file.
As a result, the core emulation merely fails to start in this case, so you currently can’t play BIOS files on their own. I’ll get this fixed for the next release, though.
I only seemed to notice this when closing games. It didn’t crash for me though. It just froze the screen, similar to selecting a drive that has no cd inserted. I must say though, I thought of it as an enhancement. Sometimes while I am updating the wiki I would perfer close game to “power off” the system so I don’t have to listen to my laptop fan still going in between games. This is just a minor thing, which is why I really don’t complain about it. I can usualy just select my empty disc drive to get the same effect.
Spanish is also broken. Yeesh! I need to stop releasing late at night.
You sir are an absolute saviour!
Space hulk works beautifully, no lock up on the genestealer melee scenes.
Glad you are enjoying Space Hulk. Many thanks to Viktor for working around those freezes! 🙂