Lots of improvements!
- Wing Commander 3 video rendering fixed. It took me quite a while to track down the problems, but the video rendering in Wing Commander 3 is now fixed! Additionally, Viktor has added some freeze fixes to resolve several of the freezes seen when playing videos! As a result, the game is now quite playable! Please be aware that I have still run into a couple freezes during the videos a couple times. If you happen to find a reproducible case, please leave a comment!
- Timing / freeze fixes. Viktor has added timing behavior to work around occasional loading screen freezes in these games:
– Scramble Cobra
– Twisted (EU version)
– Street Fighter II (There were no known freezes for this one, this is just a timing fix)
- As a result of the rendering fixes, some of issues seen in other games are also fixed. Known examples (spotted by Viktor) are:
– The Horde
– Jurassic Park – in the car mission
– Wicked 18 – fonts fixed
- Spanish translations correctly added. I neglected to release the translated files in 126.96.36.199! (Translations contributed by Antonio “Bloodbat” Ramirez!)
- This version also includes some corrections to the French translations.
I dug into the CEL rendering logic and documentation enough to understand the bugs causing Wing Commander 3’s video issues. It took the whole week! I finally saw the resulting clean images at about 4:30am last night 🙂 .
If you want to try 4DO 188.8.131.52 beta, head to to the download page:
return back the BIOS console.
To be able to run it separately.
in the first place is beautiful and secondly there is the manager saves
Is the BIOS not running on startup for you? It runs as soon as I start 4DO. It also runs when I close a game. That is odd that it is not working for you.
Bry’s right. It was a bug in 184.108.40.206 that I fixed in 220.127.116.11. I didn’t mention it in the release notes.
Спасибо! спасибо! спасибо!!!Вы супер!!!картинка просто потрясает может в будущем добавите эмуляцию мышки в Wing Commander 3.Хотя в самой 3DO на геймпаде играли и не чего!, но хотелось бы мышкой поиграть в эту замечательную игру..!Спасибо за понимание и внимание на мои комментарии в 4DO 18.104.22.168
Would you mind adding all different languages in an additional subdirectory instead of adding a subdirectory for each language in the same directory as 4do.exe ?
I tried briefly, but could not figure out how to do this. Since someone else out there has the idea, I will spend a little more time to research and find out if there is a way. 🙂
Bios works fine.
But remember Johnny, I asked you the right to speak the Russian language translator? What do you politely said nothing. So the current Russian translation, all Russian Internet community wants you to stick in your ass to the author of this masterpiece.
This absurd and clumsy translation has not been seen.
And yes I’m not angry, I’m just surprised by the assumption on your part, to trust one and not care about the rest.
And yes, as always with respect.
I have had only one volunteer for Russian translations. I do not know how thorough the translations are, but I appreciate his work. His translations are charity and done without compensation, and you should show him more respect for it.
I have not seen your requests about Russian translations. If you want to contribute, you should follow the directions posted in the forum post: http://forum.fourdo.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32 . There you could also see the names of who contributed. I disapprove if your intent is to insult him. If you would like to make corrections, you could private message me on the forums with your email address so that I could send you the materials.
I want to be clear that you should not be angry if there is no immediate response from me. 4DO is only something I do in my free time, and this is true for anybody involved. I may be unavailable for weeks or months at a time for any reason. You need to respect this.
Johnny, I’m with you since the beginning of the project, has repeatedly described in the bug, etc.
And requests for I did immediately after the opening of the forum on the topic.
From you I have not received any letters.
I’m not asking for money, etc.
But the translation should be correct.
Waiting for your decision on this matter.
Okay, I got your request in the forums. I have sent an email with the details!
Thanks a lot for your nice job.
I’m very happy that some team take back freedo which was freezed for many years with apparently obscur reasons…
Hope you will success bringing us a good 3do simulator (emulator)….
Rgds and respect,
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! 🙂
By the way do you know a usb adapter for the 3do pad ?